This One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta is made in one pan and is a family favorite. You won’t be able to resist this simple and very flavorful meal.
My Latest Video:
Do you love pasta, but don’t love all the dishes that come with it? Then this is the dish for you! I am obsessed with one-pan meals!! No extra pots to wash, no having to wait for a big pot of water to boil, and no draining…..everything is cooked in ONE pan.
You can’t beat an easy one pan dinner that the whole family will gobble up. Ready in 30-minutes, this simple skillet pasta is perfect for busy weeknights.
If your lucky enough to have leftovers the next day, this pasta reheats well for lunch the next day. I like to add just a splash of water before placing in the microwave for some moisture so the pasta doesn’t dry out. Perfect every time!
Why make this One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta?
- It’s quick, super simple, and comes together in a SINGLE pan.
- It uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry.
- As it cooks, the pasta is soaking up all of the flavors from the broth and the seasonings. This one pan meals brings together all of the yummy flavors, from start to finish, making this and extra easy, and very delicious meal.
Want to try this recipe?
PIN it and SAVE it for later
More ONE-PAN Recipes you NEED to try:
- One-Pan Creamy Sausage Spaghetti
- One-Pan Healthy White Bean and Spinach Pasta
- One-Pan Lemon Parmesan Shrimp and Rice
- One-Pot Sausage and Jalapeno Soup
- One-Pan Ground Beef Stroganoff
One-Pan Monterey Chicken Pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups pre-cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken for the win!)
- 2½ cups rotini pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, mild (284ml)
- cooked bacon pieces
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Mozzarella, shredded
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up one tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.Once the oil is hot, add the onions and the garlic powder. Also, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add chicken, Rotel, and chicken broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and once boiling, cover, reduce heat to low, and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is cooked to your liking and the liquid is mostly reduced.Stir it once halfway through to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Remove the lid, and stir in the mozzarella and the bbq sauce. Mix to combine.Sprinkle Monterey Jack Cheese on top of the pasta, turn the heat to the lowest setting, cover and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with cooked bacon pieces, tomatoes, and green onions before serving.Enjoy!