15-minute one-pan taco rice is probably one of the easiest meals you will ever make and it’s so good that you will want to make it again and again!
This amazing one-pan meal is packed full of delicious flavors and is filled with quick-cooking minute rice, well-seasoned taco meat, and gooey melty cheese. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this tasty dinner.
Why you should make this 15-minute one-pan taco rice:
- This delicious taco rice is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- It’s budget-friendly, very filling, and makes the perfect leftover for lunch the next day.
- You can have dinner ready in 15 minutes!!! Which makes this the perfect meal to serve on a busy weeknight.
- It’s a whole meal in one! You get the rice, the meat, the cheese, taco seasonings, and salsa cooked all in one pan! Which also means, easy cleanup!!
- Finally, it’s tacos!!! I mean, who doesn’t love a good taco recipe? I know I sure do! Why not try something different and give this tasty twist on your traditional taco recipe a try? You really can’t go wrong with this family favorite meal.
What can you do with leftover taco rice?
Many things!!! You can use it in burritos, serve it with some beans, use it as a side with a different dish such as enchiladas, make a delicious bowl meal or you can even serve it over a salad.
How To Serve Taco Rice
My favorite way to serve this is over crushed tortilla chips or crushed doritos. You may think that doritos sounds weird, I did too at first, but it’s really good. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. 😋 All you do is add the crushed chips inside a bowl and scoop some taco rice on top.
Another way, is to scoop the rice with the chips and eat it that way and of course don’t forget to add your favorite toppings on top. Here are some ideas, to get you started:
- Sour Cream
- Avocado slices
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Extra Cheese
- Sliced Olives
- Red or White Onions
- Green Onions
- and more…
More 15-minute one-pan recipes you HAVE TO TRY!
- 15-minute one-pan Ground Beef Ramen
- 15-minute one-pan creamy shrimp and tortellini alfredo
- 15-minute Sausage and gnocchi skillet.
- 15-minute one-pan Tuscan chicken and gnocchi
Want to try this recipe?
PIN it and SAVE it for later!
15 Minute One-Pan Taco Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups minute rice
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen corn or a 12oz can of drained (341ml)
- ¾ cup marble cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded (or more to taste)
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips or Doritos, crushed
- Your favorite toppings (sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado…..)
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and the onions and season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until ground beef is browned and onions are translucent.Drain grease if needed.
- Mix in corn and add the taco seasonings.Add beef broth, stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the rice, turn down the heat to the lowest setting, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the lid, add in the salsa and marble cheese, and stir until melted.Turn off the heat and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Cover and allow the cheese to melt before serving.
- Serve over crushed tortillas or crushed Doritos. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!